Interest Inventories give individuals a fast and informative way to explore occupations based on their likes and dislikes of a variety of activities, objects, and types of persons; the premise is that people in the same career (and satisfied in that career) have similar interests.
- Inquires about a client's level of interest in a wide variety of familiar items (e.g. occupations, occupational activities, hobbies, leisure activities, school subjects and types of people).
- Uses Holland’s RIASEC coding system and latest O*NET job titles.
- Scores into six interest areas: Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising and Conventional. Inventory allows users to identify their job interests by responding to 72 work activity statements.
- Quick, four–page assessment takes only 10–15 minutes to complete.
Who Am I
- An interest inventory developed by the Toronto District School Board.
- Uses simple language and everyday examples for clients with limited workexposure/knowledge.
- Consists of three booklets: an inventory, results record and occupational options.
The COPSystem has become one of the most extensively used systems of assessing interests, abilities and values in Canada. One of the features that makes this system of assessment tools so unique is the broad range of applications that it covers.
Designed for use in guiding individuals in the exploration of occupations, the COPSystem is particularly appropriate for the following applications:
- Group guidance units as a starting point for exploring the world of work
- Individual counselling with students or adults and with special needs individuals
- To assist students in planning their high school and post secondary career paths
- To widen occupational horizons for early school leavers by specifying occupational opportunities available to them within their particular area of interest
- As the basis of a comprehensive career search package for unemployed individuals.
The Interest Inventory (COPS) is available to meet a wide scope of needs: ranging from a simplified edition for the early grades to a professional edition for adult professionals and a pictorial assessment for the non-verbal. You select the type of inventory that will best meet the needs of your clients or students.
Strong Interest Inventory ® (SII)
Available to level B qualified only For over 80 years, the Strong has helped people from high school and college students to mid-career workers seeking change, in their search for a rich and fulfilling career. Newly revised, this authoritative assessment is more powerful than ever before.
The Strong measures your client’s interest in a broad range of occupations, work activities, leisure activities, and school subjects. The questionnaire compares how these interests are similar to the interests of people successfully employed in those occupations. It is used to help people understand their work interests and to illustrate the kinds of work in which they might be most satisfied.