Career and Employment Information
Career and employment information is critical to the career decision-making process. The volume of information available can be overwhelming for clients. They require the professional services of individuals skilled in helping them find and use career and employment information effectively.
Recently updated by ONESTEP, the Career and Employment Information Specialist (CEIS) course is based on the Forum of Labour Market Ministers' (FLMM) Career and Labour Market Information Service Delivery Guidelines. It is designed for staff working in Information Resource Centres who help individuals use career and labour market information, although participants working as career counsellors, employment counsellors and job developers have found the course useful. The course provides participants with the skills and knowledge they need to assist information users to make informed career, educational and job search plans.
The complete CEIS certificate course has three separate components:
- A two day classroom component
- Set of on-line exercises
- Final written assignment
We are offering the two day classroom component in all four regions of the province. This training covers six topic areas:
- Information and Career Decision-Making: The Career/Life Planning Model (the role of career and employment information at each stage of the model
- Locating the Information - becoming familiar with the wide variety of resources and evaluating the material
- Using the Information – learning how to apply resources to specific client needs and when to refer clients
- Managing the Information - learning practical techniques for ordering, cataloguing and tracking resources
- Keeping up-to-date with career and employment information and resources
- Promoting the information service
Career and Employment Information Specialists are pivotal in guiding clients in the right direction and helping them make better informed career decisions.
This course is designed for staff working in Information Resource Centres who help individuals use career and labour market information and those conducting client intake, although participants working as career counsellors, employment counsellors and job developers have found the course useful.
Classroom hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Cost: $375 (plus HST) Note - ONESTEP members receive a $25.00 discount Includes: 2 full days of training, training manual, and snacks
College of Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals has pre approved this program for continuing education credits (CEUs) Classroom component = 18 credits,
On-line component = 15 credits,
Final assignment = 1.5 credits
Upcoming Dates: click here
For More Information: