ROI ~ Return On Inclusion
Looking to recruit and retain qualified skilled workers? Consider hiring Persons with Disabilities (PwD).
Canadian Facts About Persons With Disabilities
- Over $55 billion is the estimated buying power of Canadians with disabilities and these consumers are more likely to support inclusive companies
- 20% of Canadians have a disability (1 in 5 people)
- 3.8M identify as having a disability.
- 13.7% self-identify as having a disability.
- 70% of persons with disabilities have non-apparent disabilities
- 443,900 are job-ready and available for work in Canada.
- 180,500 are job ready and have a post-secondary education.
- See more statistics under Why Hire
This section of the website aims to serve as a clearinghouse providing you with quick access to useful information and effective online tools and resources to help you achieve your goal. Together with the Canadian Association for Supported Employment (CASE), ONESTEP co-hosted the 2017 National conference ROI = Return On Inclusion. The annual CASE supported employment conference is the largest national conference of its kind, with a focus on the value of employing persons with disabilities. It was designed for career development and employment preparation professionals who work with unemployed and underemployed persons with disabilities from across the country and internationally. The 2017 conference held in Niagara Falls Ontario provided a unique opportunity for focused learning and sharing of best practices in working with and employing persons with disabilities, and had a special focus for employers expanding their employee base to be inclusive of PWD.
Much of the information and resources found in this section are a result of ONESTEP's involvement with the National conference. We will continue to add new information and resources as they are available.