Since 1987, ONESTEP has advocated on behalf of its members and local community partners while providing resources for capacity building and continuous service improvements. Maintaining an active presence of and recognition for nonprofit service provision as the essential third sector is critical to responsive, resilient and innovative employment and training system. Members are key knowledge assets whose community roots inform and deliver positive social change for those they serve and the communities to which they belong. As such, their input on critical issues and examples of innovative program models and tools support peer learning as well as sector promotion.
We have organized our membership into four Ontario regions: Northern, Eastern, Central and Western.
As a member you will receive:
- Information mailings including policy analysis, new programming directions and funding sources
- Involvement in the regional network, including participation in regional meetings
- Discounts at professional development events
- Discounted VIA Rail fares (up to 3 individuals travelling with a ONESTEP memebr agency staffer)
- Access to regional/local professional development activities
- Our monthly bulletin, ONESTEP Forward Online for senior management
- Ed Talks, our Executive Director's views on things that affect the sector
- Our Forward Frontline and e-news bulletins
- Corporate Employer Connectivity
- Voting privileges within the organization
- Participation in the Annual General Meeting
- Eligibility for membership on the Board of Directors
- Recognition of membership in a professional association that is respected provincially and nationally