We’ve redesigned our regional meetings to be more responsive to the needs and interests of our Members.
Regional meeting frequency is determined each year by the Members – as is format, location and content. In general, meetings are divided into three parts:
- professional development/training
- ONESTEP update (e.g., Ministry activities, upcoming events)
- Members roundtable (e.g., current priorities, advocacy needs/planning)
The coming year will bring significant changes to the employment and training sector. As we move towards a restructured, more integrated approach to employment services delivery in Ontario, workforce development professionals will be faced with many decisions regarding their own role and place in the new system.
ONESTEP will continue to update and support its members as we move through this system transformation. Regional meetings will be one of the primary vehicles through which we share information and solicit input.
- northern region meetings have not yet been scheduled
- meeting schedules will be posted here as they become available
- April 17th – Conference Call, 10:00am – 11:00am
- June 19th – In-person Meeting 10:00am – 2:00pm (hosted by W5, Windsor)
- August 21st – Conference Call, 10:00am – 11:00am
- October 9th – In-person Meeting 10:00am – 2:00pm (hosted by YMCA, Owen Sound)
- April 23rd – Conference Call, 10:00am-11:00am
- June 27th – In-person Meeting, 10:00am-2:00pm (hosted by: DWA, Oshawa)
- September 27th – In-person Meeting 10:00am-2:00pm (The Career Foundation, Lawrence Square location)
- TBD – but something around Perspectives, October 16-18th
- May 3rd – 10:30am to 2:30pm – in-person (hosted by: KEYS Job Centre, Kingston)
- July 12th – 10:30am to 12:00pm – conference call
- September 13th – 10:30am to 2:30pm – in-person (hosted by: Vanier Community Service Centre, Ottawa)
- November 15th – 10:30am to 12:00pm– conference call